      1. Re: A/C cycling switch
           From: "The Atkinson Family" <mikeatk@xxxxxxx>
      2. factory keys
           From: "nbrommer2k" <nickbrom@xxxxxxx>
      3. Alternatives for Angle Drive needed, getting fed up with system
           From: "janvdwouw" <jvdwouw@xxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 01:39:41 -0700
   From: "The Atkinson Family" <mikeatk@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: A/C cycling switch

Hi John,

First let me thank you for the response and help with my problem.  I don't
believe the A/C pressure is all that low as the A/C will cool the inside
down in short order.  Granted it's not all that hot yet here in Arizona
but
it seems to be working well.  Joe was saying that since I had fooled
around
with the switch "my words" it should be changed as it is preset at the
factory.

In short, what I'm saying is everything works well.  It's just that
before,
the cycling was too quick " about every 5 seconds at idle " and now after
I've fooled with it the cycling is a little longer between cycling at
higher
rpm's and still cools fine.  However, I would like to know if I've done
something that could damage the system?

I hope you don't misunderstand what I'm saying.  I like reading all this
information about the system because it always helps to understand the
systems on this car a little better.

"then the less the AC low pressure switch will cycle on and off trying to
keep from over pressure
 of the system. It's self protecting it's self."

That's what I'm afraid of.  Harming the system by messing with the A/C
cycle
switch as advised in the article.

Thanks again and if you have the time please let me know what you think
about this either on or off the list.

Mike Atkinson
vin 16232

> "Try it for yourself. Go out on the hwy and turn the air on and
> put the blower switch on  1. Then note the cycle on and off of
> the fans, then turn the blower to four and give it a minuit to
> catch up, and the fans will cycle less.

[moderator snip]

Message: 2