      1. Miniture Lamps for the doors
           From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
      2. Miniture Door Lamps Add on.
           From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
      3. Here's the air box picture!
           From: "Cameron Putsch" <putsch.1@xxxxxxx>
      4. Re: It's not every day that you meet John Delorean....Or is it?
           From: "Aaron C." <slider_ten@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 03:28:26 -0000
   From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
Subject: Miniture Lamps for the doors

Group, This has come up several times so I took a brand new in
original bag DeLorean door lamp holder to do the fitness test with.
Then I went out to my 11004 vin car and took all the door lamps out.
Then I got my Sylvania/Osram catalog for 1993 out to start
comparing.It boils down to this: All the Wedge base 14 volt lamps
have the same diagram or foot print T-31/4 and filament style for our
application ( C2F ). The problem I found in trying to put the bulbs
in the new sockets was quality control when making the bulbs. They
are supposed to be 10.3mm width on the bulb and the base but most
were over due to sloppy glass molding. Some were almost 11.00mm.
So, I took a small blade screw driver and pushed against the
sides of the metal contact in the socket at the top and increased the
width just enough for a 161 bulb to fit. The 161,158,194,193,168 all
have the same physical properties as above, the only difference is
the current draw and the life. So,
The 161 is the most common, with the least amount of current draw
0.19 amps and rated 4000 hrs +. Look in the package and try to find
the bulbs that don't have little bulges on the base sides. The more
uniform they are the easier they will fit. I hope this helps someone
clear up as to what to use for the doors. The 161 is also used for
the dash lights.  Naturally, If you can't find them, I have them.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com
P.S. If you have a bulb and need to know the specifications,email me.

Message: 2