      1. Re: Re: Another DeLorean on E!
           From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker@xxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: coolant  question
           From: "Donald Ekhoff" <ekhoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: Spares
           From: srubano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
      4. DELOREAN FOR SALE
           From: Frank <theamdman@xxxxxxxxx>
      5. Re: Chat
           From: "David Swingle" <dswingle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: Cold start valve question (it works)
           From: Michael Pike <iqintermedia@xxxxxxxxx>
      7. Re: Me Too: Cold start valve question
           From: Michael Pike <iqintermedia@xxxxxxxxx>
      8. Re: MP3 player
           From: Michael Pike <iqintermedia@xxxxxxxxx>
      9. Delorean Dribblets
           From: Michael Pike <iqintermedia@xxxxxxxxx>
     10. No Cold Idle
           From: "Jason" <rowejj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     11. My Delorean winks at me
           From: Michael Pike <iqintermedia@xxxxxxxxx>
     12. Re: coolant  question
           From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
     13. Re: Car will not start ... why ...
           From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
     14. Re: Re: Spares
           From: Les Huckins <jhuckins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     15. Re: Spares
           From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
     16. Re: Car will not start ... why ...
           From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
     17. RE: coolant  question
           From: "Mike Griese" <mike.griese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     18. Re: front brake calipers
           From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
     19. Re: Radio recommendations?
           From: "Patrick Cowan" <LilRedCivic@xxxxxxxxxx>
     20. Re: Re: Another DeLorean on E!
           From: "B Benson" <delornut@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     21. Towing
           From: Christian Williams <delorean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     22. triailing arm bolts?
           From: "Cameron Putsch" <putsch.1@xxxxxxx>
     23. A/C drain tube
           From: "ensfield" <ensfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     24. New DMC Owner
           From: georad@xxxxxxx
     25. Rhd steering rack
           From: "evan" <autotec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 08:51:03 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Re: Another DeLorean on E!

John Yoeman said - -

> Well, if you take what DMC Joe said the rev limit on
> the PRV6 was,
> 5500 rpm, divide it by the gear ratio in 5th, .8205,
> divide by the
> final drive ratio of 3.44, multiply by the rear tire
> circumference of
> approximately 79.325 inches, divide by 12 to get
> inches per minute,
> divide by 5,280 to get miles per minute and multiply
> by 60 to get
> miles per hour, you come up with a top speed of
> about 146.377
> miles per hour.

Great computation - NOW, add it the values for wind
resistance, road friction, etc. (if you know them) and
decide that given a VERY loooooong straight stretch of
road, 130 mph MIGHT be acheived!

Dick Ryan

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Message: 2