      1. loose steering
           From: "Lynn Metz" <metzlynn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Cold start valve question
           From: "B Benson" <delornut@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. RE: Removable Windows
           From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean@xxxxxxxxx>
      4. Shifting concern
           From: Aaron Posey <cadysrme@xxxxxxxxx>
      5. Yet another Coolant Problem
           From: deloreanss@xxxxxxx
      6. PHX area D owners
           From: "Matthew P. Olans" <mpolans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. my tach is weird
           From: "Cameron Putsch" <putsch.1@xxxxxxx>
      8. Re: Re: Michael's Wet feet
           From: Michael Pike <iqintermedia@xxxxxxxxx>
      9. West Coast DeLorean/Bricklin Celebration Registration on-line!
           From: "Montgomery, Ken" <kenm@xxxxxxxx>
     10. Re: Re: Cold start valve question
           From: Michael Pike <iqintermedia@xxxxxxxxx>
     11. RE: Cams
           From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     12. Re: Cold start valve question
           From: njp548@xxxxxxx
     13. Re: New Shocks a MUST!!!
           From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxxxxx>
     14. Re: New Shocks a MUST!!!
           From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker@xxxxxxxxx>
     15. Re: Yet another Coolant Problem
           From: DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx
     16. Front Facia Removal
           From: mrvideosawyer@xxxxxxxxxxxx
     17. Re: Michael's Wet feet
           From: "David Swingle" <dswingle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     18. Re: Removable Windows
           From: DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 15:23:22 -0700
   From: "Lynn Metz" <metzlynn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: loose steering

Group:

I know this has been adressed before (about 2 yrs. ago I think), but, is
there a test for the u-joints in the steering mechanism?  Everytime I drive
my car I can't help but feel like it is not as tight as it should be.  My
everyday car is a Firebird.  It is pretty tight steering, but should not be
"better" than my D.  Presently, it is MUCH better.  I usually tell myself
that it is just pwer steering vs. manual steering.  But when I go over
railroad tracks it feels like the steering wheel is "sloppy".  (P.S. I also
owned a Chevette for 4 years with manual steering and it was "tighter" than
my D.)  My car only has 21,000 miles and it is hard to believe that the
u-joints are worn already.  I have tried to twist each end and look for
slop, but I don't see or feel any.  I only feel it when driving.  Any help
is appreciated.
Thanks
Brian 16584

Message: 2