      1. NAPA's answer to Optima battery
           From: deloreanernst@xxxxxxx
      2. Re: Probs with fuel pump & RPM relay
           From: DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx
      3. A Sad day for me pt.2
           From: "Derrick Viane" <clarion9375r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. door latch adjustments?`
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
      5. Front lower control arms (was: parts cross-compatibility)
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 18:14:51 EST
   From: deloreanernst@xxxxxxx
Subject: NAPA's answer to Optima battery

In a message dated 2/11/01 2:19:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
raddad@xxxxxxx
writes:

<<  I do know, however, that the maintenance free batteries from NAPA,
EXIDE,
INTERSTATE and OPTIMA all fit in the space very nicely and have both top
and
side posts on them.  >>

I called my local NAPA guy a few days ago and he was at a loss to identify

their equivalent to the Optima Red Top.  So I got the Optima for $169.
(gulp!) at a different place. Today the NAPA guy got back to me. Theirs is

the "NASCAR Select Orbital Battery,"  part number 9934/78 and he listed a
price of  $124.99   Looks like the Optima, (like a six pack) and uses the
same type of design: six independent spiral cells in a heavy duty case,
low
self discharge rate, side and top terminals.  He doesn't carry them in
stock
but could get them. Two year free, 84 mo. pro rata replacement.  The
Optima
has a "two year" warranty, but I'm not sure if it is the exact same as the

NAPA.  Two years doesn't sound very long if it's pro rata! (Declining
percentage of reimbursement.)

-Wayne A. Ernst
The New DeLorean Manuals Project

Message: 2