      1. first problem - help please! (followup)
           From: "David Cox" <dmcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: first problem - help please!
           From: "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: DMC12's in Australia
           From: "Chris Parnham" <chrisparnham@xxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: DMC12's in Australia
           From: Chris Spratt <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Looking for part# 105176
           From: "Sacha Prins" <sprins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Cold acceleration problem
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
      7. Curious: Estimate on body repair
           From: bduncan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      8. Re: Testing Used Fuel Pump
           From: "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. Re: LA QA Center
           From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     10. Re: Looking for part# 105176
           From: sand131@xxxxxxx
     11. Re: Destroying the DeLorean image.
           From: "Steve Rubano" <srubano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     12. Re: Hidden treasure-Good Delorean Story
           From: "Rob Hook" <robhook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     13. Re: Looking for part# 105176
           From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxxxxx>
     14. Re: first problem - help please! (followup)
           From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxxxxx>
     15. Stuck drivers side door
           From: azelin242@xxxxxxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 22:18:27 -0700
   From: "David Cox" <dmcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: first problem - help please! (followup)

Well, the car jump-started easily enough, but as I suspected, as soon as I had made a complete circuit the radiator fans started running.  Once I got it home and safely in the garage, I left the motor running and methodically went through every fuse in the fuse box, pulling them one at a time.  The fans kept running the whole time.  The manual says they're off one of the fuses (forget which one, but it clearly says so).  Anyway, this seems to indicate that there is some sort of short which is supplying power directly to those fans.  I finally had to disconnect the battery to shut them off.  That was about 4 hours ago.  A few minutes ago, I reconnected the battery momentarily, and the fans started running immediately, so it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the engine temperature.  I was thinking perhaps whatever switch controls the fans might have failed - can this fail into the "on" state?  I'll call Don Steger tomorrow - he's done all the past service on this car.  Hopefully he'll be able to tell me it is something cheap and easy to fix...

Dave
vin #16367

Message: 2