      1. Re:  I have a factory demo car?
           From: "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. chassis strengthning
           From: "John Dore" <dmcjohn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. 300ZX Engines
           From: jdsjlv@xxxxxxx
      4. Re: I have a factory demo car?
           From: "Stian Birkeland" <dmc_norway@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Ins.  (R. Rooney's info.)
           From: "robert parker" <roberthparker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: My Second Try at a Delorean
           From: "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. Cross Drilled Rotors
           From: "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. DeLoean Article on IGN
           From: "Michael G. Fischer" <michael.fischer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. 2000 show\ lift-o-matic\ and Lee's soap
           From: abatt10347@xxxxxxx
     10. RE: Re:Door Lock solenoids/Car Alarm
           From: Peter Lucas <lucas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     11. Car Puns
           From: Mark Noeltner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     12. Body Mounting Bolts
           From: njp548@xxxxxxx
     13. BTTF DeLorean Console
           From: "Jack and Virginia Stiefel" <stiefel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. DeLorean repairs est.
           From: "James La Londe" <krfds@xxxxxxxxx>
     15. Brake Dust Shields
           From: delorean31@xxxxxxx
     16. front end
           From: rickaye@xxxxxxxxx
     17. Spring Englishtown Show NJ
           From: delorean31@xxxxxxx
     18. Re: MP3 Player for the DeLorean
           From: "Jesse D. Sightler" <jsight@xxxxxxxx>
     19. DeLorean Cadillac online!
           From: Josh Haldeman <haldeman.4@xxxxxxx>
     20. Crying DeLorean
           From: BondAtomic@xxxxxxx
     21. Seeking Used Fuel Distributor
           From: "Daniel McGauley" <hawkeye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     22. Re: alignment
           From: gaporter13@xxxxxxx
     23. Re: Brake Dust Shields
           From: "Jonathan Heslop" <gatewayaag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     24. MP3 Player Thread is Dead
           From: Mike Substelny <msubstel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     25. Re:  Crying DeLorean
           From: "Richard Petrie" <juffo7@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 17:34:22 -0000
   From: "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  I have a factory demo car?

No cars ever left the factory painted because there were no
facilities to paint them on site. However, this does not mean that
some cars could not have been "Factory Authorized" to be painted. I
do have to agree that there must have been at least 1 car, if not a
couple of others that were used to test paint. But just like the RHD
cars, and the twin turbo prototype, all work must have been completed
off site by private companies. I forget who had the photos, but there
were pictures on someone's web site of the KAPAC warehouse in Ohio
from when DMC Houston had an open house. In one of the photos, there
was a right front fender which was striped with all paint colors that
Lotus used. Also, in Stainless Steel Illusion, there is a picture of
a late prototype DeLorean that was painted orange by Lotus. The car
is shown in one of thier hangers near a few Espirits. So this would
be proof that at least 1 car was painted, though both of these
examples were done by Lotus. To take this one step further, (correct
me if I'm wrong) painting cars was considered as a last resort. It
was realized that some might want thier cars to be another color, but
paint wasn't as resistant as Stainless Steel. Dupont was also working
on anodizing, or caoting the SS various colors like red, blue, and
green. The problem was that the coating would bubble & peel in humid
enviorments. Weather a car with this feature exists, I don't know,
but I am curious... In closing, while you could call it a "Factory
Painted" car, "Factory Authorized for Painting" might be a more
accurate term.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, Delorean17@xxxx  wrote:
>  Hello,
>     I was digging through the box of parts that came with my car
and I found
> the original warranty with the original owners name and address on
it.  At
> the bottom it shows a * and says*"Delivered at retail or put in to
use as
> demo or company car"  and next to the date of delivery it has a *
typed in.
> I bought the car from the second owner who was told it was a
FACTORY PAINTED
> test vehicle by the first owner.  He was told by the first owner
that it was
> painted by Dupont for DeLorean to find out the best way to paint
a "d".  The
> dealer said it came off the truck black.  After hours of looking at
> peoplefinder.com and so on I found the original owners current
address.  My
> car is an early 81 but wasnt delivered to the dealer until 6/7/82,
that
> seems a little funny.
>
> I thought there was no way there could be a factory painted test
car.  but
> John DeLorean was asked "how do you feel about people painting
there cars"
> he said "it was our intention to make paint available and we worked
with
> DUPONT to develop a series of paints to the dealers"  "WE HAD
COMPLETED
> DEVELOPMENT WORK WITH DUPONT BUT WE NEVER GOT AROUND TO STARTING TO
SELL
> IT""DeLorean Gold Portollio article"  If development work was done
surely
> they painted something.  maybe it was a just a panel or maybe an
entire car.

before everyone starts saying there was NEVER a factory
> painted car please have something to back it up with.  I am VERY
unsure that
> if it is a factory job and sorta dought it but I just find it
interesting, I
> actually prefer the stainless.  The "demo car" on the warranty just
kinda got
> me thinking the other day.  does anyone know anything about this?
I will let
> everyone know what the original owner says.
>      well I have to go finish "Dream maker" now.  Its really quite
good.

> Thanks for reading
> #2496-

Message: 2
   Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 13:54:03 -0000
   From: "John Dore" <dmcjohn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: chassis strengthning

a question for the guys who have got more power/performance out of
their DeLorean either by turbocharging the engine, or doing an engine
swap:
Did you strengthen the chassis in any way, or do you feel this is
unnecessary? How much horsepower and torque can the frame handle
without modification? I heard of some figure which seemed very small
like 170lbs/ft torque - is this correct?
Thanks!
John

Message: 3
   Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 10:20:50 EDT
   From: jdsjlv@xxxxxxx
Subject: 300ZX Engines

Out of curiosity, can a twin turbo Nissan 300 ZX engine be mated to the
DeLorean? Has anyone tried this or looked into the possibility. I was reading
Car and Driver or Road & Track and it was said that the twin turbo can
produce 300 hp and around 283 ft-lb. of torque with no modification. A friend
of mine had a 300 ZX twin turbo jazzed up with a fuel pressure regulator,
beefy exhaust and a K&N filter - the car was a rocket!
Any thoughts on the subject?

Message: 4
   Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 09:07:47 PDT
   From: "Stian Birkeland" <dmc_norway@xxxxxxxxxxx>

If your DeLorean was delivered "factory painted", I'm 100% sure that this
was NOT done at the Belfast Factory in Dunmurry - but done at one of the
QAC's (Quality Assurance Centers).

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
NORWAY

Message: 5
   Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 10:39:19 PDT
   From: "robert parker" <roberthparker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Ins.  (R. Rooney's info.)

Conversing with a Geico agent some time back after being rejected for
DeLorean coverage, I was informed that hi-performance is not only based on
HP, but also the SUSPENSION. I was told that since the DMC had a
tighter,"sports car" suspension, that put it in the "hi-performance"
catagory, thus they would not cover it.  This prompts a logical question:
How is a Lincoln Town Car catagorized that has the switch to adjust the
suspension from a softer, "luxury-car" ride to a firmer, "sports-car" ride?
If the firmer ride is selected more often, does that make the LTC a
"hi-performance" vehicle?   (Doesn't that remind you of song from
yesteryear?)  Always something to squeeze a bit more $$$ from the poor
consumer!       Drive Stainless     Robert    VIN 6924

Message: 6
   Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 18:24:07 -0000
   From: "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: My Second Try at a Delorean

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, Mike Substelny <msubstel@xxxx>  wrote:
> Free advice: so you want to find a DeLorean that you can use as a
daily
> driver without investing in rehab work?  Your best bet is to only
look
> at cars currently being used as daily drivers.  Stop looking at
> low-mileage DeLoreans that have been stored.

I agree that if you want a car that's ready to drive ASAP, you really
should look only at cars that are currently daily drivers. But just
so no one gets the wrong impression, just because a car has been
parked for a long time, it doesn't always mean a "death sentance". If
you do find a car that needs a moderate to heavy amount of work, but
has a good chassis, body, engine, etc.., and can be had for a
reasonable price, you might want to consider it. Our car has just
about been restored from the tires up, but was a total basket case
when it came to DMC Garden Grove (sat for years outside in the
Southwest after the origional owner passed away). The only thing we
didn't have done was a new fuel system, and that's because the
previous owner (trustee) already had it done. After all is said and
done, we will have a car that is still in the price range that we
expected (if not a little less, for us anyway), but only cost us more
in patience.

>Note that among car
> collectors, daily drivers are usually considered MUCH LESS VALUABLE
than
> stored cars.

True, but most DeLoreans now are considered more for driving than
they are for collecting. No matter what you buy, it's true value is
what you're going to use it for, and how much you would be willing to
pay for it. I guess this is just another way the DeLorean proves it's
own uniqueness once more.

-Robert

Message: 7
   Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 19:24:21 -0000
   From: "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Cross Drilled Rotors

Lately there has been a discussion on cross drilled rotors, but I
think I may have a solution here for everyone. Summer is comming
soon, and our car will have the cross drilled rotors, so I'm willing
to volunteer it for testing. Conditions will include: daily driving
in rush hour stop & go traffic with an outside temperature of 115+
degrees plus, and of course, hard braking. Brakes will include: brand
new SS braided brake lines, DOT 4 fluid, and new semi-metalic brake
pads. I will be able to inspect the discs regularly since I'll have
to take the wheel off to lube my angle drive anyway. If anything does
go wrong, everyone here will be kept imformed. If anyone here has any
questions, suggestions, or comments, by all means, let me know!
DMCVegas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-Robert

Message: 8
   Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 13:26:55 -0700
   From: "Michael G. Fischer" <michael.fischer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: DeLoean Article on IGN

Hi All ... appears that IGN has a nifty little article about our beloved
DMC-12 at:

        http://formen.ign.com/news/17761.html

 A couple of factual errors aside, it's not bad, neither too pro or too
con ....

Enjoy

Message: 9
   Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 19:22:49 EDT
   From: abatt10347@xxxxxxx
Subject: 2000 show\ lift-o-matic\ and Lee's soap

Fellow DMCer's,
Had a chance to talk with Ken K. last night. If you were at the show in
Cincinnati two years ago then you know how much fun it was. With this said,
the 2000 show is one NOT to be missed. Ken has put so much time and effort (
Mike and Patti S, along with many others) that I feel it is very important to
support his effort to the hilt! He has arranged for many different things to
keep all of us entertained. Along with the tech talks, museums,driving
cruise, and one of three gold DMC's, will be the chance to put faces with the
names we all see posted on the DML. I for one would not miss this for the
world. I have had the date circled on my calander for the last two years. Ken
count me in!!! The deadline is getting near so check out the site, (linked on
the DML main page). Heed my advice and dont wait, if you miss this show you
will kick yourself for years to come. Remember you heard it first!!!
After seeing Scott M's post on the strut locks, I called all local parts
stores. They did not have the one he listed, but they (Advanced Auto) did
have a device called lift-o-matic. It installs on the strut and prevents it
from falling when open. No more getting my hand hit on those windy or winter
days, when gasing up the D. Cost was $8.36 with tax.
Soap: Lee sent me a sample of his new soap. It works GREAT! My whole family
used it and the kids found the dinosaur design fun. It lathers to a good foam
and cleans better than the over the counter soap. It seems to last longer
than your average soap. I can only hope that Lee will continue on with his
plans to make this into a Delorean design. If so count me in for a few bars.
Last of all: The cut off date on the repair list is wed. 4\12\00. So please
send them in to ABatt10347@xxxxxxx
Thank you and sorry for the length.
Bruce Battles
Vin # 6569

Message: 10
   Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 19:23:12 -0400
   From: Peter Lucas <lucas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Re:Door Lock solenoids/Car Alarm

All that is needed from an alarm system in order to operate the
Delorean central door locks is the ability to provide a momentary
ground on the appropriate side of the door lock circuit to lock or
unlock the doors.  This ground signal will be sensed by the existing
door lock module (or, I assume, Lockzilla if you have upgraded),
which will then activate the appropriate solenoids. The module will
bear the current, not the alarm or its relay, just as the door lock
switches do not do so in the stock configuration.

Most modern alarms can be programmed to provide either a +12 pulse or
a ground pulse for this purpose. The correct choice for the D is
"ground". I have been very happy with the Phoenix 2 by Avital.

Pete Lucas
VIN #6703

At 12:07 AM -0500 4/11/00, Gus Schlachter wrote:
>I have remote locks also, and they work fine.  But I still have a LockZilla.
>They're wired so that the alarm system throws the driver's door, and the
>lock module functions throws the other lock.
>
>The alarm module has a relay for putting 12V on a lock motor but it's
>nowhere near needed rating for the solenoids' current draw.  A second relay
>was put into place.  If I recall, there are two red (12V) wires to each
>solenoid, and the alarm took control of one of the red wired for the
>drivers' door though a high-amp external relay.
>
>Hope that helps,
>

>Gus Schlachter
>Austin, TX
>VIN# 4695

Message: 11
   Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 18:59:35 -0500
   From: Mark Noeltner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Car Puns

 [MODERATOR NOTE: Please don't start a long thread about this,
  but now seems like a good moment for a touch of humor.  -Mike S.]

Very irreverant, but I thought it was pretty good. He even slipped a
DeLorean reference in at the end!

Mark N
VIN 6820

> Carstianity
> (By Steve Brooks, Winning entry in the O Henry Pun-Offs)
>
> "Haul a Yugo. Haul a Yugo."
>
> Gearly beloved, we are Blazered here in the name of our Four-door, who
> art in Half-ton.
>
> I'm speaking of our lord and Mazda, Jeep-sus Chrysler.
>
> He is the Alfa and the Romeo.
>
> He was born in a Ranger, he was Tempo'd by the DeVille, and he
> Daihatsu'd for your Sentras.
>
> He said, "Dodge not, that ye not be Dodged.
>
> Thou shalt not Corvette thy neighbor's Whitewall, but turn the
> other Cherokee.
>
> If ye have Fiat, ye can move Montecarlos.
>
> He ain't Chevy, he's my Beretta."
>
> He ate the Last Supra, and he climbed the mount of Cavalier, where
> they cruise-controlled him on the Motocross.
>
> But God, in his Infiniti Mercedes, did Rolls away the Stanza.
>
> Let us Prelude: Sayeth the prophet Isuzu, in the Dusenburg Bible, In
> the 23rd Saab,
> "The Ford is my Chauffeur.
> I shall not Walk. He Lexus me in the paths of Right-turn-signals.
> Yea, though I walk through the Valet of the Shadow of Dart, I shall
> Fiero no Eagle.
> Subaru Goo dwrench and Mercury shall Volvo me Audi Daytonas of my
> life,
> and I shall Dwellmeter house of Delorean, Four-cylinder."
>
> Gloria, In Ex-Celica Geo!

Message: 12
   Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 20:04:06 EDT
   From: njp548@xxxxxxx
Subject: Body Mounting Bolts

hey list,

   Earlier in the week I was working on removing the body mounting bolts when
I got into a little problem with it.  I managed to get one of the bolts
securing the front of the body to the frame at the front shock towers, but
the drivers side one won't move.  In order to keep the weld nut from moving
on the passenger side, I stuck the flat side of a tire iron into the place
where the weld nut was and that seemed to have made the nut stay in place.
Another problem I am having is the mounting bolt that secures the passenger
side of the cross brace in the engine compartment, I am afraid that I have
broken the weld nut free and now the bolt spins freely but doesn't get loose.
 I tried to find a spot where I could put that flat side to the tire iron in
there again to see if that would work but it looks to be a closed part of the
frame.  Does anyone have any information to remove those 2 mounting bolts.
And also I can't seem to get a good grip on the mounting bolt securing the
passenger side pontoon to the frame.  Do I have to remove that piping inside
the pontoon that connects to the air cleaner?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks a lot everyone!

Later,
Nick
VIN#1852

Message: 13
   Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 20:27:20 -0400
   From: "Jack and Virginia Stiefel" <stiefel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: BTTF DeLorean Console

I realize that this is not a Back To The Future Mailing list, but I just had
to post this.  For those of you not on ebay, the other week there was an
auction for an actual overhead console from one of the DeLoreans used in the
movie.  To make a long story short, I won the auction and just received my
parts.

The seller told me he had gone to the backlot of Universal Studios quite a
number of years ago with a friend who worked there and saw one of the actual
cars (not a fiberglass mockup) almost stripped of all of it's parts i.e.
Flux Capacitor, Mr. Fusion etc.  He was told by his buddy that the car was
in very bad shape.  He went on to say that the car looked like it had been
wrecked or taken apart hardhanded and put back together again.  The only
really salvageable part was this overhead console, and a small part of the
section behind the drivers seat that showed the power in the car.  The
"tour" ended, and the seller went home.  Later on that evening his buddy
came to his house and had the parts.

For those interested, I have uploaded a picture of the console in the vault,
the lower part is the aforementioned "power meter".  As you can see the part
is banged up a bit, and missing 3 lightcovers but still in working order
after a bit of tweaking.

I do not know enough about all of the cars used in the movie, but could this
have been the remainder of the train parts car?

Jack Stiefel
DMC Vin: 3461
New York Lic: 1981 DMC
Visit our DeLorean site at www.geocities.com/rodeodrive/8601/delorean.html

Message: 14
   Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 21:29:03 -0400
   From: "James La Londe" <krfds@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: DeLorean repairs est.

Ok here's the  situation:
1981 DeLorean with over 50k miles
costemically it's in very good condition. But the transmission is a bit
worn. It works, but may soon need work or replacement.
How much would it cost to get a D. trans. rebuilt?
How much to replace (no labor)?

I here that the frame of D. is key.. it's can easily ruin the value of and
the car itself.
If the frame was completely shot, what would it cost?
What is it 1/2 way shot?
and what if the rust was only superficial, but still should be tended to
before it get out of hand?

Total waht would it cost to repair those two things and do some minor
superficial interior work??

And also what are some other important questions to ask about a used D.??

Thanks so much!
-Hopefully soon to be fellow DeLorean owner, James LaLonde

Message: 15
   Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 22:12:21 EDT
   From: delorean31@xxxxxxx
Subject: Brake Dust Shields

I was wondering if anyone on the list has the brake dust shields installed on
their car.  I am referring to the ones that go between each wheel and the
rotors.  I was wondering how well they performed.  I was concerned that they
may cause the rotors to get too hot since they seem to block the small amount
of air the DeLorean wheel allows in as it is. I know solid rim types often
cause this problem as I have seen on trucks with custom rims that have no
holes in them whatsoever.

Gary Gore

Message: 16
   Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 23:16:11 -0400 (EDT)
   From: rickaye@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: front end

i'm needing some front end information.  i took my delorean to an event
and one of the other owners there said that i have the original front
end.  i have heard that there is an up grade that is needed.  how can i
tell my self if the car really needs the up grade of not.  also what
would i need to up grade and how hard is the job.  also how much would
it be.  also what can i do to insure saftey until i have the money for
the upgrade.

thanks
officer rick

http://community.webtv.net/RICKAYE/BLESSINGSFROMTHELORD

Message: 17
   Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 22:15:33 EDT
   From: delorean31@xxxxxxx
Subject: Spring Englishtown Show NJ

Just a reminder for anyone interested.  This weekend is the Spring
Englishtown Show and Swap Meet at the Raceway Park Dragstrip in Englishtown
NJ.  Sunday the 16th is the day we will be attending.  Had 6 DeLoreans there
last year.  If you would like more infomation call (732) 446- 7800 9am to 5pm

Gary Gore
Activities Director
DeLorean Mid Atlantic

Message: 18
   Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 23:38:57 -0400
   From: "Jesse D. Sightler" <jsight@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MP3 Player for the DeLorean

Not to argue with your main point here, but MP3 players don't exist just
to be more expensive.  ;-)

The advantage of an MP3 over a regular .WAV or audio-cd is simply the
filesize.  A single regular CD can hold approximately 9-10 hours of music
in MP3 format.  When you compare the costs to that of a decent CD changer
of similar size, the price is quite reasonable.

----
Jess

Robert Rooney wrote:

> In the past there has been the question of installing a traditional
> CD player, or an MP3 type player, so I just wanted to add my $.02 in
> on this... An MP3 player is not really worth the extra cost that
> you'd pay for it. Chances are that if you download the music you
> purchase on the internet, you'll recieve it in MP3 format. To play it
> in the car, you'll have to record it onto a disc anyway. If you use a
> CD-R, or a CD-RW drive, you can record .WAV files, and create a
> regular audio disc. There are a few Freeware programs availible on
> the internet which will let you convert a .MP3 file into a .WAV file.
> If you use this method, you'll be able to create audio discs the you
> can play not only in your car, but almost any other regular Compact
> Disc player as well, so you won't be limited to MP3 players only. I
> only bring this up to try and help out everyone here by saving them
> some money. If you're creating a good sound system, or even if your
> not, the money saved here could be put to better use elsewhere. Since
> this is not totally DeLorean related, this will be the only message
> that I'll post to the list. If you have any questions, contact me
> directly at: DMCVegas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Message: 19
   Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 23:59:08 -0400
   From: Josh Haldeman <haldeman.4@xxxxxxx>
Subject: DeLorean Cadillac online!

Dear List,
    Forgive me if someone has already mentioned this, but I just checked
and the DeLorean Cadillac Website is online!  It comes complete with a
link to DMC Houston and a mention of the DMC Show in June.  Pretty
cool...check it out at:
http://www.deloreancadillac.com
        Cheers,
        Josh
        VIN 5102
        VIN 15964

Message: 20
   Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 01:37:35 EDT
   From: BondAtomic@xxxxxxx
Subject: Crying DeLorean

You can just tell this DeLorean is crying....check out

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=303454276

It's not looking in that great of shape, I was just looking into DeLoreans on
eBay and found this hurting car.

-John Feldman

Message: 21
   Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 05:41:42 -0000
   From: "Daniel McGauley" <hawkeye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Seeking Used Fuel Distributor

I'm looking for a functional used fuel distributor, possibly from one
of you guys who have otherwise cooked or worn out your engine.
Please reply privately.

Also looking for an exorcist that specializes in DeLoreans. :)

Thanks,

Dan McGauley
hawkeye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Message: 22
   Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 07:00:19 EDT
   From: gaporter13@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: alignment

when hitting the curb, the tire did get torn, but the wheel is undamaged.
the steering wheel, however, is slightly off center.  i assumed this was just
a case of realignment ... but i'm completely unfamiliar with the mechanics of
it, so i really wouldn't know.
thanks for the help,
Geof, 3505

Message: 23
   Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 08:34:50 -0500
   From: "Jonathan Heslop" <gatewayaag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Brake Dust Shields

Gary.......

I don't have them on my DeLorean, but I have installed the Kleen Wheels dust
shields on my 93 Allante.  I drive the car pretty hard and have done
autocross without any overheating.  The shields have scoops to pull air in
and blow it over the rotor.  I used to have to clean those wheels about
every 5 days; now I've gone weeks without cleaning them.

I got mine from Bev. Hills Motoring Accessories.  I think you can also order
them out of AutoSport Intl.

Good luck,

--Jonathan

I was wondering if anyone on the list has the brake dust shields installed
on
their car. I am referring to the ones that go between each wheel and the
rotors. I was wondering how well they performed. I was concerned that they
may cause the rotors to get too hot since they seem to block the small
amount
of air the DeLorean wheel allows in as it is. I know solid rim types often
cause this problem as I have seen on trucks with custom rims that have no
holes in them whatsoever.

Gary Gore

Message: 24
   Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 10:11:22 -0400
   From: Mike Substelny <msubstel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: MP3 Player Thread is Dead

Now that the misinformation about MP3 Players has been cleared up by
Jess, this thread is dead (for now).  It may come back if someone has
new information.

- Mike S.
Moderator of the Week

Message: 25
   Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:35:21 -0000
   From: "Richard Petrie" <juffo7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  Crying DeLorean

Good God! Is that a wagon wheel on the front?  I'd say this needs
perhaps more than a little TLC.. noting the "It should Run" statement.

All the best,

Richard " seeking D without wagon wheels " P.