           From: "Tom Porter" <treehouse2000us@xxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Cannot remove the front panel
           From: Christian Williams <delorean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: Home Equity Credit Lines
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Cannot remove the front panel
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Re: Frozen then broken
           From: "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: Frozen then broken
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. Seat re-covering
           From: "Jeff Chabotte" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxx>
      8. Shipping a car / Road salt?
           From: trevor mcdonald <trevor4bbg208@xxxxxxxxx>
      9. Emissions Testing
           From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1@xxxxxxx>
     10. Re: Collector's Car loan
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
     11. Re: Emissions Testing
           From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:22:26 -0000
   From: "Tom Porter" <treehouse2000us@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:Collector's Car loan

In certain locations of the country, its very difficult to buy a
DeLorean.  I have tried consistantly for the past 1 1/2 years and I
couldnt even get close to a loan.  I have great credit, as far as I
know.  Its the economy, and its a major bummer too.  I lost the dream
a few months ago, I still read the list but its no where near the
excitement I once had.  As it looks like I will never get a
DeLorean.  And the sad part about financing is I had over half of the
money in cash to pay for the damn car.  I dont know, I think I'm
cursed.  If you can buy the car at any percentage rate, I'd go for it
if you can afford it.  Heck, if I had a loan for 15 grand for 30% a
few months ago I would have taken it.  I hope you get it, its worth
it at any cost, believe me.

Tom Porter
Maine, USA

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kKoncelik@xxxx wrote:
> I just financed two DeLoreans this past month and financed through
State Farm.  I think I got 7.5% its no problem.

Message: 2
   Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:25:24 -0800 (PST)
   From: Christian Williams <delorean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Cannot remove the front panel

Blacknight,

The trans shift panel only has a little lip that goes behind the AC
control panel. You should be able to lift the back of the trans shift
panel and the front should come out from under the AC control panel. If
it's in there too tight, remove the AC control panel.

To do that, pull off the 3 knobs (temp, mode, fan speed). Behind the mode
knob you'll find a single screw. Unscrew it and the panel will come right
off. Now getting the trans panel off should be a piece of cake.

-Superman

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 ttanaka504@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello list
>
>        I am middle of removing my Delorean's console.
> and I am facing a problem...When I accessed to front panel
>
> (Part number 110325 http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/ViewDir.asp?PageID=99&;
> PageCat=8%2DFrame+and+Body)
>
> , it stocks in front part and I cannot pull out.
> I read my trusty Workshop manual Body - Interior P:03:03 Console section
> and watch great HowTo webpage,
>
> http://retroserver.noip.com/delorean/centerconsole.html
>
> I did until removal 3 and
> My manual wrote down 4 "remove 2 screws securing
> transmission shift level panel to console"I did,
>
> "Raise panel and remove interior lamps rheostat ad digital clock"
> I could not reach them, so I didn't remove two of them,
>
> "Remove panel." I can raise a panel and try to pull it straight out. However,
> my panel
> move little and hold AC panel side of end.
> So please anyone help me to remove the panel, by the way My D is manual
> shift.

Message: 3
   Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:37:10 -0000
   From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Home Equity Credit Lines

Actually, of 7 replies, mine was the only one to mention home equity
lines.

And my reply clearly prefaced the option with "if".

That said, home equity remains one of the least used assets Americans
own. Tapping into it does NOT require perfect credit or a lengthy
credit history. It does require equity in excess of the actual line
(though some banks will advance up to 90% of equity).

And since you're borrowing against the same roof you sleep under, it
requires fiscal sanity.

Whether the funds are used for a DeLorean, a new furnace, or even to
pay off a higher interest first mortgage, I think every homeowner
should at least acquaint him or herself with the option.

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Brian McCool" <bjmccool@xxxx> wrote:
> All of these posts are assuming that someone
> A. Has a home with equity in it.
> B. Has perfect credit.
> C. Has a fairly long credit history.
>
> Some would be owners on the list are having to hurdle all 3 of these
points
> because of their age or possibly lack of credit history.

Message: 4
   Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:44:44 -0000
   From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Remove the A/C panel first, then the shift boot panel. The clock and
rheostat must be unplugged but need not be removed from the shift
panel itself.

To remove the A/C panel:
-Pull knobs straight off mode switch, temperature control, and fan switch
-Remove the long screw normally hidden behind mode switch knob
-Do NOT worry about headlight and hazard switches
-A/C panel will lift easily away from the console

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ttanaka504@xxxx wrote:
> Hello list
>
>        I am middle of removing my Delorean's console.
> and I am facing a problem...When I accessed to front panel
>
> (Part number 110325
http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/ViewDir.asp?PageID=99&;
> PageCat=8%2DFrame+and+Body)
>
> , it stocks in front part and I cannot pull out.
> I read my trusty Workshop manual Body - Interior P:03:03 Console section
> and watch great HowTo webpage,
>
> http://retroserver.noip.com/delorean/centerconsole.html
>
> I did until removal 3 and
> My manual wrote down 4 "remove 2 screws securing
> transmission shift level panel to console"I did,
>
> "Raise panel and remove interior lamps rheostat ad digital clock"
> I could not reach them, so I didn't remove two of them,

Message: 5
   Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:15:32 -0000
   From: "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Frozen then broken

Hi Kramer,

I'm near you in Maryland and my throttle cable has been freezing too.
Supposedly there was a recall or service bulletin saying to inject
anti-freeze into the cable sheath. I haven't seen the bulletin yet.

Houston's new, more reliable angle drive is only $65.00. It's
supposed to be better than NOS.

Splurge. ;-)

Rich A.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Kramer" <jettaman95@xxxx> wrote:
> Dear List,
>   Over the freeze my throttle cable became frozen but I now have it
> back up and working. But the lower speedo cable froze and I now
have
> a busted angle drive. I haven't removed it yet but when I took off
> the wheel and the plastic piece a small part of the angle drive
cable
> came off.
>   Now I have a problem. Is there anyone who can rebuild this part
of
> the angle drive and or should I just buy a new one to replace it.
It
> is a N.O.S. part that I bought last year and don't say I didn't
> grease the thing. Because I did it every oil change.
>    Thanks again for the help,
>       Kramer
>       ~10610
>
> P.S.
>   If anyone has gotten theirs rebuilt. How much did it cost and how
> long did it take?

Message: 6
   Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:31:53 -0000
   From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

My spindle cable unwound rather messily inside the spindle (destroyed
the square interface on the plastic wheel disc). Slightly different
problem, but the end result was the same as yours: intact and properly
functioning right angle gears had no way to rotate from the wheel.

If you opt to keep the angle drive, you now have two options:
-replace the damaged cable altogether
-splice a repair onto the damaged cable

The only way to remove the remaining spindle cable is to remove the
steel plate pressed and staked into the angle drive housing (it is
inserted from that end). Because that housing is only made of old pot
metal, I was very leery of stressing it and opted to splice a repair
onto the remaining cable.

This is how I did it:
-The damaged cable was cut at good windings
-Those windings back into the angle drive were soldered to prevent the
same problem in the future
-A short piece of 1/8" square bar was soldered to the the cut cable. I
used a close fitting piece of tension coil spring, pulled VERY
slightly apart, to hold the bar to the cable and to reinforce the solder.
-The damaged wheel disc was cut and tapped to recieve a piece of
threaded rod. This rod is permanently attached to the disc with a fan
lock washer and two jamb nuts.
-The other end of the threaded rod (inside the spindle) was filed
square. A piece of 1/8" hollow channel was soldered to that end.
-The square bar at the end of the spindle cable slides into the square
channel at the end of the threaded rod.
-I insert my angle drive as two pieces: the original housing and
remaining cable are inserted from the rear; the wheel disc and
threaded rod are inserted from the front; both pieces are mated inside
the spindle.

This repair has survived trips to Atlanta, Washington, and New Jersey.
I am confident it will be long lived.

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Kramer" <jettaman95@xxxx> wrote:
> Dear List,
>   Over the freeze my throttle cable became frozen but I now have it
> back up and working. But the lower speedo cable froze and I now have
> a busted angle drive. I haven't removed it yet but when I took off
> the wheel and the plastic piece a small part of the angle drive cable
> came off.
>   Now I have a problem. Is there anyone who can rebuild this part of
> the angle drive and or should I just buy a new one to replace it. It
> is a N.O.S. part that I bought last year and don't say I didn't
> grease the thing. Because I did it every oil change.
>    Thanks again for the help,
>       Kramer
>       ~10610
>
> P.S.
>   If anyone has gotten theirs rebuilt. How much did it cost and how
> long did it take?

Message: 7
   Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:48:59 -0500
   From: "Jeff Chabotte" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Seat re-covering

Is there any instructional pages regarding performing a seat re-cover? It seems pretty tricky as to how the foam gets into the headrest portion of the seats.

maybe someone would be kind enough to document this process when they get these new covers?

-Jeff Chabotte
Norwich, CT
Webmaster http://www.88-mph.com

Message: 8
   Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 15:19:07 -0800 (PST)
   From: trevor mcdonald <trevor4bbg208@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Shipping a car / Road salt?

Hello,

I am buying my first Delorean finally after looking for a few years. I neet to get it shipped but I cannot find a company that offers enclosed transport (I am in Canada). I have a company that I have dealt with in the past that gave me a great rate but the vehicle will get road salt, etc, on it??. It will be in transport for roughly 17 hours over a couple days. Will this cause any damage?? The stainless? I can have it washed off as soon as it arrives as well as underneath. Is this ok to do? Just wanted to get some opinions as this car will need to be picked up in the next week or so and I need to make the arrangements.

Thanks,

Message: 9
   Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 00:27:08 -0000
   From: "thebrave65" <johnnysher1@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Emissions Testing

I had my D emissioned today and she passed with flying colors way
below the standards they have posted.  Yay!  I have one question,
though.

On my data sheet is said Evap Components: Inaccessable  Result: Ok.

Why would it say that?  Isn't the ECS on the left side of the pontoon
in the engine bay?  Or is it inside the pontoon?

Just for the record, I'm in AZ.

Johnny
5518

Message: 10
   Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 20:54:55 EST
   From: Soma576@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 1/12/04 2:27:52 PM Central Standard Time,
chinatown_film@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Is this normal practice having a written appraisal / interest rate high in
your experience?

Thanks.
My loan (at a credit union) was secured with the car's value (they used a
kelly blue book which was based on emails from the previous owner's testament to
condition and a few photographs).  the loan amount i needed was less than the
car's value, so they happily gave me a 4 year loan at 9% interest.  i have
been paying it back quickly and it will be paid off in March.  i was also 18 at
the time!

Andy

Message: 11
   Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 02:22:51 -0000
   From: "Dave Swingle" <swingle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Emissions Testing

Usually what that means (at least here in IL) is that your gas cap
would not fit their gas cap tester. So you get a free pass.

There are some evap parts (vapor recovery cannister) in the driver
side rear pontoon, but there is no way to test it either. Modern cars
(1996 and up) have a build-in diagnostic to light the "check engine"
light if that thing fails.

Dave S