[DMCForum] New DOA President & Vice-President

[DMCForum] New DOA President & Vice-President

Dear Fellow Owners and Enthusiasts,

The Board of Directors for the DeLorean Owners Association met last weekend
for our monthly meeting, and we took a vote to change the leadership of the
organization.

As many of you already know, Ken Baker recently took a job with the DeLorean
Motor Company of Florida.  He felt there was a conflict of interest between
doing that job, and continuing as leader of this organization.  After much
discussion, I was nominated to take over as President, and elected by the
Board. At the same meeting, Steve Hirman stepped down as Vice President due
to time commitments, and Ron Ferguson stepped up to take his place.

I've previously been serving as the webmaster for the organization, and Ron
has been serving as a Director-at-Large.  Ken and Steve plan as a minimum to
stay on as Directors-at-Large until the next issue of DeLorean World is
published later this year.

The rest of the Board remains the same, with long time Board members Joan
Truscott serving as Treasurer, and James Hales serving as Advertising
Director.

The vision I have for leading this, the oldest of DeLorean organizations,
into the future is to continue what Ken Baker started by working towards a
more unified community.  Both Ken Baker and Ken Koncelik have spent
considerable time working towards this goal, but there remains much work to
be done.  Part of the reason I was elected is my experience with DCS.  This,
combined with the board member's experience, and most importantly, with YOUR
input & support will provide better shows and publications for everyone.

First of all, the DOA will start hosting DCS shows on the West coast,
starting with DCS West 2 in 2011. We plan to emphasize the successful model
Ken has proven, and intend to have him serve as an advisor for these
efforts.  The Association will continue to handle European Expos as well.
(The next will be Eurofest 2011 in Belfast)

Secondly, the community can no longer continue to support three separate
magazines all covering much of the same material.  Since 1983, DeLorean
World magazine has been the most recognized source of published information
regarding the man, car, company, and community.  I intend to work with Ken
(and appeal to Stephen Wynne to join us as well) to make sure we don't lose
this resource.  DCS Magazine will be published twice more, fulfilling our
obligation to our subscribers, before becoming a part of DeLorean World.  I
have been assistant editor for DCS Magazine since its inception, and plan to
continue in that capacity until the two merge.  Beginning with the next
issue of DeLorean World, I will be responsible for directing the art for
that magazine.

The final initiative I will undertake, starting now, is to encourage
involvement!  If you don't like the way the Association is run, or what it
provides for its members, become involved and make a change!  It's true when
they say the world is run by those who show up!  This resource for owners
and enthusiasts alike is available only through the volunteer efforts of
people like you.

If you are already a member, I thank you for your support, and promise to
work as hard as I can to make sure we are an inclusive organization to be
proud of!  If you aren't, become involved today, and together we can make
sure the future of our cars and our community remain strong.  Our next board
meeting is on November 15th, 2009.  These are open to all members of the
association, and membership is currently only $75 per year.

Thanks for your time and attention.  If you have any questions for me, I
will be happy to answer them.  You can contact me through the DOA website,
www.deloreanowners.org <http://www.deloreanowners.org/> , or via the contact
information below.

Best,

Josh