[DMCForum] Re: SUV envy

Chris,

> LA area, not a single SUV showed signs of being off-road. They were all
> perfectly clean and waxed with large custom wheels. Here in
Portland, OR
> it's more mixed, but with a majority still in the "not utilized"
category.

Mine is usually perfectly clean. After I was done climbing the
mountain last weekend I took it straight to a car wash. So, just
because it looks clean doesn't mean it isn't used off road.

What do you mean by "large custom wheels"? Are these the big
exaggerated things with the stupid low profile tires? If so, then
yeah, I'm totally with you. They look ridiculous, and you can't take a
vehicle like that off road. If I'm going to have a truck (for all
intents and purposes my SUV is a truck), I'm going to have truck tires
on it. That's the whole point.

Although, while I think people who do this are silly, I also think
it's their right and I don't mind sharing the road with them. They are
expressing themselves through their vehicle, and that's fine.

-Ryan