Re: [DMCForum] ELECTRICAL STARTING PROBLEMS

Re: [DMCForum] ELECTRICAL STARTING PROBLEMS

Lauren-----Okay, now I see what you meant.  Have you
started your car and put a meter across the alternator
to see what it is putting out??  You have your voltage
gauge on the dash, but they are not reliable in a 24
year old car.

A quick way to check the alternator is:  Start the
car, Disconnect the positive battery terminal, and if
the car quits, the alternator is not putting out the
right volts.  If it continues running, put your meter
across the positive terminal you just disconnected and
ground and see what the voltage is reading.  You
should have at least 12 volts.

Mike    TPS   1630